In light of Trump’s COVID diagnosis, Biden was planning on having a virtual debate with Trump, to which Trump declined. So, Biden decided to hold a town hall. Being the cheeky man he is, Donald Trump held a town hall with NBC at the exact same time as Joe Biden. I’m imagining — as others have — that Trump might’ve done this in order to later brag about higher ratings on his town hall, but that is just a little hunch. Of course, I wouldn’t put it past him to be just a bit petty. Anyway, if you decided to watch one or the other, here are some super snappy points from each of the candidates’ discussions, courtesy of @simplepoliticsus on Instagram.
- Confirmed he would leave the White House if he lost the election
- Stated he knows nothing about QAnon
- Said he’d release details about his debt, but once again, said nothing about his tax returns
- Couldn’t remember if he took a COVID test on the day of his last debate against Joe Biden. I quote, “possibly I did, possibly I didn’t.”
- One of the audience members also called him handsome, I guess?
- Would not confirm nor deny if the 1994 crime bill was bad or good
- Unclear on whether he would expand the Supreme Court
- Might look into making a COVID vaccine mandatory, but acknowledged that enforcement is tough
- Said he’d “flat out change the law” to protect at-risk LGBTQ+ rights
We’re expecting another debate soon, but hopefully both candidates will be tested beforehand.