Email: [email protected]
WHO WE ARE
polljuice is the data controller of your personal data. When we mention polljuice, we, us or our in this privacy notice, we mean polljuice, the relevant company responsible for processing your data. polljuice is operating under the legal entity LWR LLC.
ABOUT THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
polljuice is the data controller of your personal data. When we mention polljuice, we, us or our in this privacy notice, we mean polljuice, the relevant company responsible for processing your data. polljuice is operating under the legal entity LWR LLC.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our privacy notice was last updated on 19 Feb 2019. We’re likely to update in future and we’ll let you know about any significant changes. Please come back and check from time to time. If you have questions about this privacy notice you can get in touch with us by emailing: [email protected]
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We will use your personal data only for the purposes for which we collect it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for another purpose we will explain the legal basis we rely on.
We may collect the following information about you:
- Information that directly identifies you. This may include your name, address, email address, username and password.
- Information that indirectly identifies you. We automatically receive and record information from your device or web browser when you interact with our sites and apps, for example your internet protocol (IP) address, mobile device ID, time zone setting, location data, language preference, operating system, platform, and links you have clicked on or shared with others, including through email and social media. We may also create a user ID that may similarly indirectly identify you. We may use this information to collect data about your activities on our sites and apps and on third-party sites, apps and platforms, such as Facebook. We may associate information that indirectly identifies you with your user account (if you have one) and other information we have collected about you.
- Location data. We may collect geo-data, which tells us where you are, when we collect other information about you. We may also collect the language option or country you choose. We may link location data to other information we have collected about you.
- Profile data. This may include your username and password and other information you give us (if you are a registered user), information you give us in connection with purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses. Profile data you enter in your account profile (if you are a registered user), including your username may be shown to other users to facilitate user interaction on our sites and apps. We do not disclose email addresses to other users.
- Marketing and communications data. This may include information about your subscriptions to newsletters and your marketing preferences.
- Transaction and financial data. We may collect or receive transactional and financial information relating to you when you buy something through our sites and apps (for example payment details) or because you have bought something from a third party after clicking on an affiliate link in our content.
- Special category data. When we conduct research or carry out surveys we may collect sensitive personal data about you, for example information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation. We will not use or share this information without your explicit consent.
- We aggregate personal data we collect, such as the number and frequency of your visits to our sites and apps, to produce metrics and statistical information. We may share this data with third parties.
- We share aggregated, anonymized, information with our ad partners and service providers so that we, and they, can understand how people use our sites and apps; this helps us grow our business and improve and develop our products and services. These third parties may share with us information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
- We combine information about you with information about other users to create audience segments of aggregated data, for example, statistical, demographic and usage data. If we combine or connect aggregated data with personal data we treat the combined data as personal data and deal with it in accordance with this privacy notice.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
- You may give us your personal data directly, for example when you create a user account, fund us by donation, or support us by paying for a subscription, buy products or services, subscribe to our newsletters, opt in to marketing, publish posts or comments, enter a competition, participate in a promotion or survey, ask for user support, or contact us for any reason.
- We automatically collect personal data when you interact with our sites and apps. We collect information about your devices and browsing actions and interests by using cookies and similar technologies. Please refer to our cookies sections for more information.
- Third parties who provide advertising and related services may give us your personal data, these including analytics providers and ad networks.
- We may receive your personal data from third parties when you buy things through our sites and apps or when you buy things from a third party after clicking on an affiliate link in our content. This information may include your contact details and financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- If you access our sites and apps using your Facebook credentials, we will automatically collect certain information, such as your name, picture, and email address. We will use all information available through Facebook, including the user ID Facebook attributes to you, in accordance with Facebook’s policies and your preferences selected through Facebook.
- If you access our store and make a purchase(s) on any of our products or affiliated products from our advertising partners, your purchase information, billing details, and other necessary information needed to process the transaction successfully will be captured. By entering the information necessary to complete the transaction, you have implied to consent giving us that information to fulfill your purchase. Our store is processed using WooCommerce and payments are processed through Stripe and PayPal. Please refer to the store and payments section for more details.
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR AND THE LEGAL BASIS WE RELY ON
We do not always need your consent to process your personal data. The table below shows what we use your personal data for and the lawful basis for processing it in each case.
The following table shows the information you selected when filling out the privacy tool. It also details the information we collect, why we collect it and the legal basis.
|Purpose||Type of data||Lawful basis|
|Recognize you and analyze how you, and other users, navigate our sites and apps and what you’re interested in. We do this by using cookies or similar technology. See cookies section.||Data that indirectly identifies you such as your IP address, mobile device ID and location data.||Legitimate interest.|
|Communicate legal information to you.||Data that indirectly identifies you (such as your IP address or mobile device ID and location data) and data that directly identifies you (such as your name, username, and email address and information you include in your user profile).||Legitimate interest.|
|Analyze comments and feedback you have given us including comments, feedback and reviews you have posted on our sites and apps.||Data that directly identifies you (such as your name, username, and email address) and data that indirectly identifies you (such as your IP address or mobile device ID and location data).||Legitimate interest.|
|Provide you with communications and services you’ve signed up, for such as our newsletters.||Data that directly identifies you such as your name, username, email address and location data.||Consent.|
|Register you as a user of our sites and apps and other products and services and administer your account.||Data that directly identifies you (such as your name, username, and email address and other information included in your user profile).||Creation or performance of a contract.|
|Publish content on our sites and apps including articles, feedback, reviews and user comments about our posts.||Data that indirectly identifies you (such as your IP address or mobile device ID and location data) and data that directly identifies you (such as your name, username, and email address and information included in your user profile).||Creation or performance of a contract.|
|Fulfill orders for subscriptions or products or services placed through our sites or apps.||Data that directly identifies you including your name and address, email address, other contact details, financial and transactional data.||Creation or performance of a contract.|
|Collect money you owe us.||Data that directly identifies you including your name and address, email address, other contact details and financial and transactional data.||Legitimate interest.|
|Verify or obtain payments due to us when you buy something from a third party after clicking on an “affiliate” link in our content, measure the performance of affiliate links, analyze and develop this part of our business.||Data that indirectly identifies you (such as your IP address or mobile device ID) or data that directly identifies you (such as your name, username, email address and location data).||Legitimate interest.|
|Communicate our terms, notify you about changes to them and communicate with you about non-compliance.||Data that indirectly identifies you (such as your IP address or mobile device ID and location data) or data that directly identifies you (such as your name, username and email address).||Creation or performance of a contract.|
|Communicate our privacy notices and notify you of changes to them.||Data that indirectly identifies you (such as your IP address or mobile device ID and location data) or data that directly identifies you (such as your name, username and email address).||Compliance with a legal obligation.|
|Ask you to take part in a survey or other research about our sites and apps and other products and services.||Data that indirectly identifies you (such as your IP address, mobile device ID and location data) or data that directly identifies you (such as your name, username, and email address).||Legitimate interest.|
|Conduct surveys or undertake research so that we can improve and develop our business, our sites and apps and our products and services.||Data that directly identifies you (such as your name, username, name, email address and location data).||Consent.|
|Allow you to take part in a prize draw, sweepstake, or other competition or other promotional activity.||Data that directly identifies you such as your name, username, and email address.||Creation or performance of a contract.|
|Administration and protection of our business including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, user support, reporting and hosting data, administration and IT services, network security, fraud prevention, customer services and business reorganisation, including exchanging information with third parties for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.||Data that indirectly identifies you (such as your IP address or mobile device ID and location data) and data that directly identifies you (such as your name, username, and email address).||Legitimate interest.|
|Serve content and ads and analyze their performance and effectiveness.||Data that indirectly identifies you such as your IP address or mobile device ID and location data.||Legitimate interest.|
|Use of data analytics to improve and develop our products and services and inform our marketing strategy.||Data that indirectly identifies you such as your IP address or mobile device ID and location data.||Legitimate interest.|
|Send marketing communications to you if you subscribe to our newsletters or other products and services. We explain how we comply with the law and how you can manage your preferences in the marketing section.||Data that directly identifies you such as your name and email address.||Consent.|
|Communicate with you about our services, and content, including published content, content you submit for publication, and content posted by you (including your comments on content, feedback and reviews).||Data that directly identifies you such as your name and email address.||Legitimate interest.|
|Comply with applicable laws, regulations and legal and regulatory processes.||Data that indirectly identifies you (such as your IP address or mobile device ID and location data) and/or data that directly identifies you (such as your name, username, and email address).||Compliance with a legal obligation.|
Consent is voluntary agreement with what is being done or proposed. Consent can be either express or implied. Express consent is given explicitly, either orally or in writing. Express consent is unequivocal and does not require any inference on the part of the organization seeking consent. Implied consent arises where the consent may reasonably be inferred from the action or inaction of the individual.
We may use your personal data to help us decide which products, services and offers may be of interest to you. We will send marketing messages to you if you have asked us to send you information, bought goods or services from us, or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages we will not send them to you. We will ask for your consent before we share your personal data with any third party.
You may unsubscribe from marketing messages through a link we include on messages we send you. You can also ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at: [email protected]
SHARING PERSONAL DATA
- We may share you personal data within polljuice’s organizational functions. They are limited to employees with the necessary credentials to process/analyze your data, potential advertisers and shareholders.
- We share your personal data with third parties who process your data on our behalf when they provide services to us, for example data analytics, ad networks, research, marketing and financial services.
- We may share your personal data with third parties who use it for their own purposes if you have provided consent.
- You share your personal data with third parties when you publish content including articles, comments and reviews on our sites and apps.
- If we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business, or if we buy or merge with another business we may share your personal data. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data as set out in this privacy notice.
- We may be legally required to disclose or share your personal data without your consent in some circumstances, for example to comply with a court order or law enforcement.
EU USERS: INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF YOUR DATA
- When we process your personal data within polljuice this may involve processing and transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), which includes all EU member states plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
- Third parties with whom we share your data may be based outside the EEA and their processing of your personal data may involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
- When your data is transferred outside the EEA we take steps to make sure it has the same level of protection as it would have in the EEA. Our agreements with third parties make clear the standards we expect of them in order to safeguard your information and your legal rights.
PROTECTING YOUR DATA
- We take steps to safeguard your information by putting in place appropriate security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, used, accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
- We limit access to your personal data to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who need to access it. They are subject to a duty of confidentiality and we require them to process your personal data only in accordance with our instructions.
- We do not guarantee or warrant that security measures will prevent data breaches. We have procedures to deal with suspected data breaches. We will notify you and the relevant regulator of any data breach as legally required.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected
- When we decide how long we will keep your information we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, why we need it, and any relevant legal requirements.
- We may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely.
THIRD PARTY SITES, APPS AND PLATFORMS
We use Google Analytics to track and analyze your traffic data. If you want to read the terms of service from Google Analytics, there are provided here.
SHOPPING AND TRANSACTIONS
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
What persona data we collect and why we collect it
Sites powered by BuddyPress rely heavily on user-provided data. In this section, you should note what data you collect, from both registered users and anonymous visitors.
When you register for the site, you may be asked to provide certain personal data for display on your profile. The “Name” field is required as well as public, and user profiles are visible to any site visitor. Other profile information may be required or optional, as configured by the site administrator.
User information provided during account registration can be modified or removed on the Profile > Edit panel. In most cases, users also have control over who is able to view a particular piece of profile content, limiting visibility on a field-by-field basis to friends, logged-in users, or administrators only. Site administrators can read and edit all profile data for all users.
This site records certain user actions, in the form of “activity” data. Activity includes updates and comments posted directly to activity streams, as well as descriptions of other actions performed while using the site, such as new friendships, newly joined groups, and profile updates.
The content of activity items obey the same privacy rules as the contexts in which the activity items are created. For example, activity updates created in a user’s profile is publicly visible, while activity items generated in a private group are visible only to members of that group. Site administrators can view all activity items, regardless of context.
Activity items may be deleted at any time by users who created them. Site administrators can edit all activity items.
We use a cookie to show success and failure messages to logged-in users, in response to certain actions, like joining a group. These cookies contain no personal data, and are deleted immediately after the next page load.
When a logged-in user creates a new group, we use a number of cookies to keep track of the group creation process. These cookies contain no personal data, and are deleted either upon the successful creation of the group or after 24 hours.
Browsers and devices have tools that allow you to disable cookies on sites and apps. If you disable cookies you may not be able to access all the features of our services. We suggest that you keep our essential cookies (described below) active for a better user experience and to help us keep improving and developing our products and services.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Third party cookies: advertising and affiliate links Our ad partners and our affiliate links partners may collect personal data from you for their own purposes.
- Ad partners include ad networks such as third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms.
- Affiliate links partners pay us when you buy things from them or another third party after clicking on an affiliate link in our content.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Legal rights you may exercise over your personal data are briefly described below:
Right to request access
You have the right to ask for a copy of personal data we hold about you and to check we are dealing with it lawfully by asking for information about how we process it. You can request access to your personal data here: Request Data Access
Right to request correction
You have the right to ask us to correct incomplete or inaccurate information about you.
Right to request erasure
You have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data.
Right to object to processing
If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your personal data, you have the right to object. Our legitimate interest in processing your information may override your rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Right to withdraw consent
If we are processing your personal data on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Right to request restriction of processing
You can ask us to suspend processing of your personal data where: (a) you contest the data’s accuracy; or (b) processing of your data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; or (c) we no longer need your data but you need us to hold it for a legal claim; or (d) you object to our processing of your data and we are checking whether the legitimate interest we rely on overrides your rights.
Right to request transfer
You have the right to ask us to transfer your personal data to you, or to a third party. This right applies only to automated information you gave us consent to use, or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Right to object to automated decision-making
You have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, which has legal or other significant effects on you. This right does not apply when the automated decision is necessary for entering into or performing a contract with you, or is based on your explicit consent.
How to exercise your rights
To exercise your rights email [email protected]. As a security measure we will ask you to verify your identity. If a third party is making a request on your behalf we will ask them to prove that they have your permission to act for you.
We may contact you to ask you for further information to help you exercise your legal rights, or to speed up our response. We will try to respond to requests within one month and we will let you know if we need to take longer, for example because your request is complicated. We may have an overriding lawful basis for processing your personal data, or certain exemptions may apply. If we refuse your request we will explain why.
You have the right to complain about data privacy matters to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk), or the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence. We invite you to raise your concerns with us first, so that we can try to resolve them.
California privacy rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83- 1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: 111 E. 18th Street, 13th Floor, New York, NY 10003.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]