Here’s a long story short: I recently learned information from my mid-2010s email was found on the dark web, so I scoured the entire internet to change my old passwords. Boy, did I find a true gem.
Floating around somewhere on the good World Wide Web is my ~certified aesthetic indie~ Tumblr blog from over five years ago. You know, the time of the Ice Bucket Challenge, American Apparel tennis skirts, and Lorde’s Ribs. For my own dignity’s sake I will not be sharing the link to the blog. I will, however, share some of the most quintessential 2014 Indie Tumblr moments™ for entertainment and nostalgia purposes. Let’s dive in:
1. Arctic Monkeys Anything
2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower Kids Just Vibing
3. A Whole Bon Iver Album Painted on a Grande Caramel Macchiato
4. The Absolute Peak Aesthetic of a Crosley Record Player
5. The Clear 1975 Vinyl
6. These Weirdly Introspective White Neon Quotes
7. The Grid Aesthetic
8. Lorde, Our 2014 Queen
9. Any TV Show/Movie/Music Video in High Contrast Black & White
10. Honorable Mention: This Entire Playlist
Honestly, I kind of miss being this cool and edgy. And I’m definitely longing for the comfort of leaving the house and listening to mid-2010s indie pop. Did you have an indie Tumblr blog? Or were you into a different aesthetic? Let us know 👇
Thumbnail by Sofia Guaico via Unsplash.
Did you have a 2014 Tumblr indie phase?
No, I had a meme blog